Read Every Day!!

Read Every Day!!
Read Every Day!!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Math: Feb. 7

1. What did I learn?
I enjoy our math class a lot; I never leave feeling overwhelmed…well maybe a little overwhelmed at the idea of the abundance of curriculum we will have to learn, but our professor does a great job telling us like it is.  I really appreciate her honestly as well as her ability to support us as new incoming teacher.  Our professor does a great job informing us about the areas where she believes teachers need to do a better job at teaching, in addition to the importance of making our lessons inquiry based.  I believe that as a new teacher I will be faced with many challenges, challenges that I never even prepared for, but if I can begin my career with the intentions of making math fun for my students, then I believe that I may make my life as a new teacher more manageable.    
2.  What do I still have questions about?
I wonder what a lesson of math would look like in your class.  How would you include a lesson about new material and at what point in the lesson would you facilitate this knowledge? And would the students all work on the assignments together? Would the assignments be turned in at the end of class?
3.  What are the implications for classroom practice?
I think that as a new teacher unafraid of technology, I will be able to challenge myself to find more interactive ways that my students can about mathematics.  I enjoy the idea of having the freedom to take what has already been created and modifying it for my purpose as well as my student’s needs.  I think that there are so many resources out in the world of education and through collaboration as well as workshops we can find more effective ways to teach our kids math.    

No comments:

Post a Comment